- Revised edition of the classic by Hans Urs von Balthasar
- Concise spiritual guide to knowing & loving Mary
- Her importance and relevance today
- Deep traditional devotion, intellectual precision
- What it means to be close to Mary, and "Do whatever he tells you."
This revised edition of Hans Urs von Balthasar's Mary for Today, with a new foreword by Edward Sri and a preface by the author, provides a concise spiritual guide for all who desire to know and love the Mother of the Lord. Using Scripture and the Church's rich tradition, the acclaimed theologian draws a portrait of Mary that shows her importance and relevance for Christians today.
In this beautiful work, Balthasar combines a deep traditional devotion with intellectual precision, as well as common sense. He reveals the crucial spiritual task of Mary for all Christians: the first disciple, who shows us what it means to be close to Jesus. Balthasar captures her singular role when he quotes her words in the Gospel at Cana: "Do whatever he tells you."
This book is illustrated with lovely silhouette drawings by artist Virginia Broderick.
- Author: Fr. Hans Urs Von BalthasarEdward Sri
- Pages: 95
- Format: Paperback