Opening Up the Scriptures
- Collection of essays on Sacred Scripture
- Includes work by Joseph Cardinal Ratzinger, Pope Benedict XVI
- Interpreting Scripture in light of revelation and faith
- Scholarly work of exegesis
- Great read for lovers of Sacred Scripture and biblical history
was written by a group of eminent Catholics, including Joseph Cardinal Ratzinger -- Pope Benedict XVI. In these erudite essays the authors contend that historical-critical interpretation of Scripture has long since run its course in both Protestant and Catholic exegesis. Instead, they argue, the future of interpretation lies in accepting that the Bible is not just a collection of historical documents but also a record of revelation conceived in faith. By this token, true exegesis involves the faith and humility of the exegete.