- 20oz black insulated tumbler
- Emblazoned with seal and motto of the Order of Malta
- Fantastic gift for a Hospitaller
- Keep coffee hot or water cold for hours
- Designed and produced exclusively by The Catholic Company
The founding of the religious community of the Hospitallers of St. John dates back to 1048 in the Holy Land. Bound by the three monastic vows of poverty, chastity and obedience, the Hospitallers were dedicated to providing military defense of the Christian medical centers of the region, while also helping the sick.
The Order has held strong through numerous attacks during its history, from the first crusades to attacks at Rhodes, Cyprus, and famously the island of Malta, where the Hospitallers held out for nearly 4 months against a massive army of Ottoman Turks before help arrived from the rest of Europe.
Today, the Order of Malta runs medical, social, and humanitarian projects in 120 countries, specifically focusing on providing medical care for refugees and those troubled by war.
If you have a loved one or family member in the Order of Malta, celebrate their membership in this elite order of religious with handy black travel tumbler. The double-wall insulation ensures that it keeps coffee or tea hot and water cold for hours, while the elegant design of the Order's cross and motto make it a spectacular gift for any Hospitaller.
The eight points of the Hospitaller cross symbolize the eight Beatitudes according to Saint Matthew and the eight virtues that a member of the Order must possess: loyalty, piety, honesty, courage, honor, contempt for death, solidarity towards the poor and the sick, and respect for the Church. The motto "Tuitio Fidei et Obsequium Pauperum" means "Defense of the Faith and Service of the Poor."
© Copyright 2022 Trinity Road LLC/The Catholic Company
- 20 ounces; clear lid with opening for straw
- 6.875 (H) x 3.5 (diameter)
- 18/8 kitchen grade stainless steel
- Double-wall vacuum insulation - 2X heat and cold resistant
- Hand-wash only - do not microwave