- Keen insights on womanhood in our culture
- Debunks secular "feminism" and explains "true feminism"
- Emulating Mary's feminine gifts
- Importance of Purity, Receptivity to God, & Nurturing today
- Important work for women and young women today
Women historically have been denigrated as lower than men or viewed as privileged. Dr. Alice von Hildebrand characterizes the difference between such views as based on whether man's vision is secularistic or steeped in the supernatural. She shows that feminism's attempts to gain equality with men by imitation of men is unnatural, foolish, destructive, and self-defeating. The Blessed Mother's role in the Incarnation points to the true privilege of being a woman. Both virginity and maternity meet in Mary who exhibits the feminine gifts of purity, receptivity to God's word, and life-giving nurturance at their highest.
- Author: Alice Von Hildebrand
- 118 Pages
- Format: Paperback