- Advent reflections with Padre Pio
- Welcome the Christ Child together
- Readings, reflections, stories and quotes
- Open your heart to Jesus this Advent
St. Pio of Pietrelcina had a deep devotion to the Christ Child. The man more commonly known as Padre Pio also possessed extraordinary and unique mystical gifts: Jesus often came to him in the form of a little child.
In Welcoming the Christ Child with Padre Pio, stories about the saint known for his stigmata and ability to bilocate are woven with scripture and prayer to help you experience Advent—Padre Pio’s favorite season—with greater hope and joy.
Each day of Advent you will read an account from someone who knew Padre Pio, including
- his Capuchin brothers’ amazement as they witnessed Padre Pio walking the halls of the monastery, cradling an apparition of the Christ Child;
- the miraculous healing of Vera Marie Calandra, who was blessed by the Franciscan monk as an infant and whose parents later founded the National Centre for Padre Pio; and
- examples of the extraordinary spiritual gifts of this holy confessor, including his stigmata, his ability to bilocate and read hearts, and the healing gifts that flowed from his fervent devotion to the Holy Family.
This book contains daily readings for Advent as well as special entries for moveable feasts celebrated by Catholics around the world. Each day includes a quotation from Padre Pio, a short story about the saint, a scripture reflection, and prayer to help you follow this extraordinary saint’s example and welcome the Christ Child into your home and heart during Advent.
An appendix includes additional resources and prayers to learn more about Padre Pio.
- Author: Susan De Bartoli, Foreword by: Frank J. Caggiano
- 160 pages