- 2 Book Set
- Why Does God Permit Evil?
- Straight, unflinching answers for the tough questions
- Avoiding Bitterness in Suffering: How Our Heroes In Faith Found Peace Amidst Sorrow
- How to triumph over every kind of adversity
Why Does God Permit Evil?
Hatred, murder, terrorism, and war spring from the sins of men. But why does God let innocent children suffer from the effects of these evils? Why does He let earthquakes devastate cities, despair drive souls to suicide, and cancer kill humans and animals?
You and I would prevent these evils if we could. Why doesn't God?
If He's good - as our Faith claims - why doesn't He stay the hand of those about to do evil? Why doesn't He keep little ones from violence and death? Indeed, how could He have allowed evil to enter the universe in the first place?
In these pages, Benedictine author Dom Bruno Webb brings you face-to-face with evil. Without fudging or flinching, he answers these hard questions and more. In this slim volume, he gives the most convincing explanation of the mystery of evil that's available today.
You'll finally come to understand the source of the appalling violence and savagery that lies close to the heart of nature; you'll discover why the insensate Earth and its inhabitants all groan in pain; you'll see why, even before they were conceived, Adam's offspring fell with him, and why God stood by, permitting all this to happen.
Was God helpless? Indifferent? Outgunned?
In these wise pages, Dom Bruno Webb shows that evil never defeats God.
On the contrary, He uses suffering to destroy the very sin which gives birth to evil. Here you'll come to understand why, despite the evil that wracks the Earth and all the beings on it, God nonetheless assured Dame Julian of Norwich that "all shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well."
Here's the book that answers, once and for all, the question of why God permits evil. It will enlighten and console all the suffering and sorrowful souls who are puzzled and troubled by the evil that suffuses our universe.
Better: it explains how to transform suffering into deeds that God will use to ensure that finally and indeed, "all shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well." In other words, these pages are not only an explanation of evil; they're a remedy for it, a remedy you can begin using today.
Avoiding Bitterness in Suffering: How Our Heroes In Faith Found Peace Amidst Sorrow
Avoiding Bitterness in Suffering will bring courage and hope that in Christ and in communion with his saints, you can - and will - triumph over every kind of adversity. You'll also learn:
- How you can overcome the pain associated with loneliness and isolation
- Five ways to overcome doubts about the Faith
- Four steps to liberation from the suffering of indecision
- Five ways to meet Christ in the suffering of exploitation
- What St. Benedict teaches us about failure - and how it changed the world
- How to cope with failure and poverty
- Five ways you can transform fear into trust in Christ
- How you can turn frustrations and anger into a Christian spirit
- How you can respond in a holy way to marital discord, demanding spouses, physical abuse, psychological abuse, abandonment, and rage
- Four ways you can turn to Christ in times of temptation
Dimensions & Specifications:
Why Does God Permit Evil?